Stelco, Hamilton Ontario
2011, Encaustic, oil paint, cement, wood, Z-scale RR track on sheet metal, 24” x 36”
Steel Company of Canada (Stelco) was founded in 1910. In 2007 it was bought out by US Steel and the name changed to US Steel Canada. In 2013, and over 100 years later, Stelco stopped producing steel at its Hamilton site, once considered the heart of the industry.